Sunday, November 6, 2016

WELCOME TO A NEW BEGINNING!!

Hey Folks! I know it’s been a LONG while since I had been doing any sort of blogging. A couple of years, in fact! Well, I felt it was time to revive my old Blogger page, but with a new twist Rather than focusing on music news and information, I decided to devote this Blog to my work as a record industry liner note author.

Since 1998, I’ve written liners for several CD compilations and reissued works, starting with Columbia/Legacy’s Earth Wind & Fire’s Greatest Hits. From there, I’ve provided writing works for labels such as Tuff City, Funky Town Grooves, Purpose Music Vaults and Soul Music Records. 

The artists whom I’ve covered include Tavares, Melba Moore, James D-Train Williams, Booker T. Jones, Ronnie Dyson, GQ, Audrey Wheeler, Noel Pointer, Jerry Butler, G.C. Cameron, Little Anthony and the Imperials, Temptations, Five Stairsteps, Freda Payne, the Sylvers, Seawind, Ray Parker, Jr. – just to name a few!

Therefore, THE KEVGO FILES, will contain the liner notes of CD releases I have done over the past few years. Many of these notes contain quotes from interviews I had conducted specifically for those assignments. Folks I had spoken to for these notes were the artist or a colleague of that act if the subject is deceased (for example, I interviewed songwriter Vinnie Barrett and producer Stan Vincent for the reissue of Ronnie Dyson’s One Man Band album), the producers, songwriters, record label executives and industry leaders.

So, I hope you will enjoy reading the liner notes contained in THE KEVGO FILES, as much as I enjoy writing them.  A labor of true love, indeed. 

Thanks!


Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment